So first, an apology. I’ve been the world’s worst blogger lately (at least on here – over at Theatre Things I’ve been a busy bee). But I’ve been feeling bad about it, and then I got a lovely comment the other day from Sarah that inspired me to try harder. So here I am!
Now part of the problem with happy blogging has been that recently I’ve been slipping back into some bad habits, and keep finding myself moaning about stuff to anyone who’ll listen (and, I’m sure, a few people who look like they’re listening but have actually gone to their happy place).
So I decided to get back to basics, and make a list of 10 reasons to be happy right now. And here they are:
- Tomorrow is a new day. More importantly, tomorrow is also Saturday.
- It’s bluebell season.
- Next month I get to be bridesmaid for one of my bestest friends. In Greece. On the beach.
- I totally got 100% on this Friends quiz.
- The Kinky Boots London cast made an album – not that it wasn’t fun to listen to the Broadway actors attempt a Northampton accent. (I promise you, if you’re ever feeling a bit blue, this show will cheer you right up.)
- One of my colleagues bought us profiteroles today. They were good.
- On Monday I got to go to the seaside for work.
- This little boy’s written letters to every country in the world.
- This weekend my mum and I finally get to see Glenn Close in Sunset Boulevard. #legend
- It’s now light enough in the evenings that I get to see the sunset on my way home from work.
What’s making you happy today?