I’ve been in a great mood all day today. So much so that I startled one of my colleagues by smiling at him in the kitchen earlier. Then he interrogated me for five minutes about what I was so happy about; for some reason he wouldn’t believe that I was just feeling cheerful.
Anyway, since last night’s post turned into a bit of a rant – which is ironic considering it was about people who rant on social media – I thought tonight I’d go to the opposite extreme and talk about a few of the things making me smile today.
- I got to wear trainers to work, which after wearing heels for three days straight was a treat for my feet.
- My train was actually on time. This is much more exciting than it sounds.
- One of my friends got really annoyed about something. Which seems like a weird thing to be happy about, but it turned out she was outraged on my behalf, and I love her for that.
- I got to write a positive review of a great play. And then the theatre company told me I was their favourite person 🙂
- I don’t have anything to do tonight. So once I’m finished here, I’ll turn off the computer, put my feet up and watch last night’s Apprentice.
- And probably hurl abuse at the incompetent candidates. Because that’s always fun. (‘Are these shelves supposed to be straight?’ Classic.)
- It’s not quite cold out yet, but there’s a definite nip in the air and it’s pretty windy, so I’m going to enjoy being home in the warm, on my comfy sofa, with a cup of tea.
- And then I’m going to go to bed with a good book, and get to sleep before 11pm for the first time this week.
- Oh, one more – nothing to do with me personally but still great news: Pauline Cafferkey – the Scottish nurse who contracted Ebola in Sierra Leone – has been discharged from hospital after making a full recovery – twice. She’s a fighter 🙂
How was your day?